Friday, January 27, 2012

I want to become a translator; I am bilingual and would like to become a translator for Spanish and English?

I don't know the procedures needed. I would like to know if the pay is good. Is the schooling worthed later in life.I want to become a translator; I am bilingual and would like to become a translator for Spanish and English?
How old are you now? Procedures differ depending on where you are in life. If you're still in high school, you'll need to pick a college that is known for their language program or join the military (I know the Army has a good language program), where you can use your bilingual abilities for a variety of different jobs. The military also pays for college and if you stay enlisted, you may have better opportunities to get jobs in your field. You could look for jobs almost anywhere as a translator. If you'd like to work for the UN or the State Department, you should visit their websites to see how their hiring process works.



My Spanish teachers always told me that being bilingual will open up twice as many job and career opportunities and knowing a second language usually gets you paid quite a bit more than someone who only knows how to speak English. It all depends on where you work, of course, and how much you're needed.



School is always worth your time and effort, unless you can figure out a way to bypass school and go directly into a high-paying job. Having some type of degree to back up your Spanish abilities is very valuable, as prospective employers will usually employ someone with some schooling before someone with none, unless their abilities prove to be exceptional.



If you are out of school and have completed college, searching websites of companies that you would like to be affiliated with is always a good start in the employment process.



Hope I helped!
Yes, it's a good profession. Contact places like hospitals, businesses, government places that need someone as a translator. Tell them your fees and how they can contact you when they need you.



But, I must tell you . . Spanish/English translators are a dime a dozen. It is so common that almost everybody does it. If you really want a profession as a translator, you need to know several other languages to go with your Spanish. I want to become a translator; I am bilingual and would like to become a translator for Spanish and English?
My mother did lots of translations in the past (often economic translations) from English into Spanish and viceversa and got paid well. You need to get some sort of qualification in your second language, although I don't know what your situation would be being completely bilingual.



I am also bilingual in English and Spanish but I hate translating!!! Good luck with it, I admire you, I find it so mindnumbingly boring...I want to become a translator; I am bilingual and would like to become a translator for Spanish and English?
your **** out of luck, spanish is like the 2nd most spoken in our country. Try a langauge that people want to hear.



P.S. who cant speak Spanish? im white and speak it well
Check with all the courts in your area from civil to criminal. They have lots of language barriers. Could lead to something big for you.
translators pay very well.
first find a place were they employ interprters and then learn both launguges

No comments:

Post a Comment