Friday, January 27, 2012

Anybody knows where I can find a job as a english-spanish translator?

I've been searching the net and I couldn't find anything that fits that description I understand that I have to register and then bid for the jobs and if I'm cheap or efficient enought then I get it but I want something more like a established job Anybody needs a translator?Anybody knows where I can find a job as a english-spanish translator?
If your oral skills are good, I know where you can get a job as an interpreter (not translator which is written). That's what I do and I work from home doing telephone interpreting. I found that using some of the on-line sites for translation work wasn't competitive for someone in the USA as you are up against translators from countries where the value of the currency is such that they can totally outbid us. If you are interested just email me thru Yahoo Answers.
I tried to do this before. I have a Spanish degree, and it wasn't enough. There is a translator's test that you need to pass, and all the translation jobs I found on the net require that test. As soon as I find any of those jobs I'll let you know.



What you could do is advertise your services on your own website. You could use blogger or wordpress to do it.



Check this out: http://www.translatorsbase.com/Anybody knows where I can find a job as a english-spanish translator?
Homeland security, Airport security, tutor, etcAnybody knows where I can find a job as a english-spanish translator?
The people you are up against have relevant degrees, postgraduate qualifications and expertise in particular subjects. Is this you? Otherwise, perhaps you had better concentrate on getting the right qualifications under your belt. This particular combination of languages is very common. That's why you've got to have something more than your competitors to land a job. You could try joining this. http://www.proz.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment